11 Signs that your partner will break your heart.
1. You’re tolerating bad behavior shouldn’t be tolerating, deep down you know you can’t cope with it but keep tolerating and enduring it. If you ignore these warning signs of a future toxic relationship for too long, one day you may realize that you’ve invested a lot of your time and energy in someone who’s been treating you badly for years.
2. It feels like your partner is bored with everything you do. The ultimate relationship killer is disdain and disinterest, if “you’re made to feel predictable and boring because you have a routine,” the two of you are on a bad path.
3. You’ve stopped doing things together. They have lost that sparkle when they look at you. The passion is gone.
4. Attempts to take control of your partner’s life are usually a sign that you have serious trust issues. This includes feeling and acting jealous, trying to control the behavior of your significant other, and constantly checking what they’re up to.
If you want to control or comment on every move the other person makes, your partner may feel that you’re trying to limit their well established personal world and eliminate the things that are important to them. As a result, you may end up pushing them away.
5. They’re up and down. Their moods / emotions can swing wildly and they’re hard to predict. At first you’ll see their fun side: the liveliness, the enthusiasm, their engagement. It’s exciting to be around.
But then you’ll come to know that for every up, there’s a down. And while the ups can be exhilarating, the downs can be painful even cruel. It’s normal for people to have changeable moods, but watch out for rapid or extreme change, especially if you can’t figure out the trigger for it (or, if you can, it doesn’t seem reasonable).
6. They lie too easily and too often. They’ll be tiny white lies at first and you’ll let them go, thinking you got it wrong. And, to be fair, many of these are not malicious, they are so used to telling little lies that they don’t even realise they’re not telling the truth. But then you’ll be on the end of a big one and everything that was niggling at you will start to make sense. You’ll realise it’s been happening for a long time. That’s when you know you’re in trouble.
7. He keeps hinting that he is not ready for relationships. He tells you that you might find someone better than him, or that he is not sure if he’s ready for a serious relationship at the moment. When he tells you this, pay attention to it and keep your ears open. Don’t brush these statements off as jokes or banter.
8. If you doubt him, he blames you
It is very convenient for him to blame you. Whenever you pinpoint something about him that is bothering you, he always seems to turn the tables. If he’s blaming you for the problems in the relationship, then you must wake up from this reverie. This shows that he does not truly love you and is going to break your heart.
9. He only shows up whenever convenient.
He only ever really shows up when it’s convenient for him to do so. He doesn’t really try to move his schedule around to accommodate you into his life. He is only there whenever he doesn’t have anything else better to do. He doesn’t make you a priority in any capacity.
10. He doesn’t really open up to you about himself. He doesn’t talk to you about his life all that much. He refuses to go into detail about the kind of guy he is. He is exhibiting sketchy behavior. And he makes it so hard for you to try to get to know him better.
11. He stays in touch with his exes. It’s normal for two people to still stay civil after a breakup. But you know that it’s a serious red flag when two exes still remain friends. There might be some lingering drama and feelings there that you don’t want to end up being a part of.