How to show your love to your man, how to show you love him
1. Give him your undivided attention. This, of course, goes both ways. Inevitably when I write an article about men or women someone always chimes in and tells me it is a universal thing rather than gender specific. This is obvious. But since this is an article about men, that will be the focus.
An important note on this point is that we know women multitask better than men do. This means you could be checking your email and still be giving him your attention. But it brings us back to impact over intention while you may feel that way, he may not fully understand it. This means a great way to show him he’s got your full attention is to actually give it to him.
2. Be affectionate with him. As simple as this one is, it is often overlooked. Small things like hand-holding, walking arm in arm with him, or resting your head on his shoulder (or chest if you’re laying down) make him feel like he’s one with you, and protecting you from harm something all good men should want to do.
Even if you don’t need his protection, giving it to you is often a man’s way of showing his love. Therefore, providing him with the opportunity to feel that way is a great method to showing it in return.
3. Affirm verbally that you care about him. Practice verbally affirming your love, respect, and admiration for your partner on a regular basis. If you are past the initial “I love you” stage, make sure you are saying those three magic words regularly. You may feel like you are just stating the obvious, but it is worth reminding your so that you love him. If someone hears something repeated over and over again, they are bound to truly believe it. The more you affirm that you care for your partner, the more it will stick with him and make him feel secure in the relationship.
4. Accept what he has to offer. Most often, we assume that love is all about giving. But that isn’t the case. When one partner keeps on giving, and the other partner keeps on receiving, it creates an imbalance. Appreciate and accept everything he gives you and show him some love, too.
5. Bring out the best in him. Guys want a girl who can encourage them to go for their passion. When you bring out the best in him, he’ll feel amazing and he’ll want to be around you. Focus on his strength, intelligence, wisdom, courage, and believe in him more than he believes in himself.
6. Be a woman who appreciates him. A guy simply wants you to appreciate all his efforts for you. That’s really not a lot to ask. So, if you want him to see the best in you and fall hopelessly in love with you, the one thing you can do is to appreciate him and don’t ever take him for granted. As much as possible, compliment him, show him respect, encourage his outside interests, thank him, give him time, and remind him about small imperfections but focus on his good qualities.