18 Ways to know if you’ve fallen in love with the wrong person
1. You don’t connect on a deeper level. You obviously can’t make a deep connection with everyone you meet or even with every friend you have. But when it comes to romantic relationships, a profound bond is important in cultivating a fulfilling and satisfying relationship. It’s more than just knowing things about each other, you have to feel like you are heard and seen. You might not think so in the moment, but in the long run, an inability to connect could be fatal.
2. If you try to get rid of them, they’ll somehow find a way to come back to you and pretend like you mean the world to them until their motive of coming back to you is done. They’ll vanish again in a gify and you would feel like a joker for trusting them again.
3. They seem to be a little too demanding. They make you feel inadequate all the time and if a relationship makes you feel terrible about yourself, it’s not worth being in.
4. They’ve been trying to mould you into the person they want you to be and you’ve been obliging only with the hope of being loved but you don’t like what you’re becoming. It is clear they don’t love you for who you are.
5. You’re not happy at all, it always problem! problem!! problems!! You’re not happy with them. You may love them from all your heart, but you don’t love how you’re treated in the relationship.
6. In a healthy partnership, you and your partner will express your individual concerns and find a way to tackle issues together. But if you love the wrong person, you can have all the tough talks you want, and communicate your concerns as often as you like, but nothing ever changes. At that point you’re both just postponing a breakup that’s bound to happen.
7. You’re only with them because it’s comfortable. If you’ve been fighting and arguing a lot and you find yourself sticking around because “it’s comfortable and they know you well” you might have outgrown the relationship. Being with someone who’s been around for what seems like forever can make you feel terrified to leave your comfort zone but it’s a clear sign you’re with the wrong person.
8. If your partner never has anything nice to say and no matter how hard you try, you never seem to be doing anything right and you feel like you always have to prove yourself. If they are always asking you to change it might signify that they don’t actually love you for who you are but they are trying to sculpt you into something that they could love.
9. When someone takes you for granted, the message is simple! that they don’t need you in their lives. If someone takes your love, your feelings and your emotions for granted then it’s a big sign that you have fallen for the wrong person.
10. When you’ve fallen for someone who doesn’t want a future with you then it’s obvious that the person is only there for what he / she can get from you. When that person doesn’t want to have a future with you, it’s just a sign of how little you are valued.
11. They hurt you and don’t care. Some people fall in love with a partner who would hurt them time and time again without caring how they feel. If you have fallen for someone who hurts you and doesn’t even care then it’s a sign that you have fallen for the wrong person.
12. They hurt you and don’t care. Some people fall in love with a partner who would hurt them time and time again without caring how they feel. If you have fallen for someone who hurts you and doesn’t even care then it’s a sign that you have fallen for the wrong person.
13. They are emotionally unavailable. If you’ve fallen for someone who isn’t available emotionally then you have fallen for the wrong person. Emotional unavailability can be a terrible thing to live with; being with an emotionally unavailable partner is almost a waste of time. A relationship with such a person would be full of heartaches and heartbreaks.
14. They constantly cheat on you. If you’ve fallen for a partner who always cheats on you and care less about their cheating ways or fail to repent from it then you are definitely in a toxic relationship with the wrong person.
15. You compare your relationship with previous ones. If you find yourself continually thinking and comparing your present relationship with your past ones or what life might be like if you were with someone else, then there is a possibility you may be in love with a wrong partner.
These implies you may not be satisfied with who you are involved with and you feel something needs to change. Sometimes it’s hard to pinpoint what the problem is but you know there is something seriously wrong somewhere deep down.
16. You aren’t comfortable with them, you aren’t comfortable away from them
When you are with them, you find them irritating. When you are away, you miss them. That can be a very conflicting emotion to deal with. It’s clear that with such mess you are only perhaps in love with the idea of your partner and not their being. You would like them more when they are a fantasy as opposed to what they are in real. Which is surely not the way to be in love.
17. You are alone when you are dealing with problems. Not that it would be a bad thing. It’s okay to be strong enough to handle everything life throws at you. But if you have someone in your life, someone you love, then you want to share your problems and things with them. And you expect him to say at least a few healing words, If not a real help.
It’s okay to feel taken care of, even if you can handle it on your own. But if your partner isn’t someone who can take the trouble of being with you during tough times, then he certainly doesn’t deserve you.
18. Being in love is definitely exciting; you find yourself longing for more and enjoying the company of your partner. A day apart could be like a thousand years to you; but when you do not look forward to being with the person you have fallen in love with and given your heart to, there is a big problem. Dreading what the future holds with your partner is a sign you have totally missed it and have entrusted your heart to the wrong person. It should be noted that some people fall in love just for the fun of it; their weird way of passing time.