18 Ways to make a man increase his love for you and start respecting you more
1. Pay close attention whenever he speaks to you. Apart from not interacting with him while speaking, your husband will feel respected if you give him your undivided attention whenever you speak. So, while you’re talking on the phone, turn off the television, or turn your back on the computer.
2. Avoid criticizing him aggressively. Your husband is only human, so he is bound to have flaws. When you are dissatisfied with him, however, instead of criticizing him directly in front of him, talk to him calmly. Point out his flaws without offending him. Open up about your concern in a calm manner, informing him of the consequences of his bad decisions and suggesting ways he can improve his ways.
3. Don’t interrupt him while he’s speaking. Allowing your husband to speak without being interrupted is one way to show respect for him. Your husband is irritated in the same way that you are when someone interrupts you while you are talking. As a result, wait for him to finish his sentence before responding.
4. Don’t make comparisons to other people. Being compared to others is not only disrespectful, but also offensive. As a result, refrain from comparing your husband to other men. You must accept that he is distinct from them and that he has his own set of skills.
5. Speak kindly of him in front of your children. It is your responsibility as a parent to instill moral values in your children. Respect for others, particularly their parents, is one of the qualities you should instill in them. Teach them to respect their father, no matter how flawed he is. You can begin by praising him in front of the children.
6. Congratulate him in front of others. Another way to show how much you appreciate your husband is to boost his morale around other people. Don’t embarrass him in front of others by exposing his flaws. Instead, praise him in front of them.
7. Don’t yell at him. When he yells at you, you feel disrespected, don’t you? He, too, feels the same way. As a result, no matter how angry you are at him, avoid yelling at him, especially if there are other people around.
8. Don’t bother him. Wives are stereotyped as naggers. Although not every wife is like this, many husbands complain about nagging partners. Stop being a nagger first if you want your husband to respect you.
9. Don’t squabble with him in front of the children. Misunderstandings between husbands and wives are common. Fighting in front of your children, on the other hand, is not healthy. Apart from the negative effects on your children, guilt will make it difficult for you and your husband to respect each other.
10. Stop slandering him in front of your friends. Your husband is the other half of you. That is, if you continue to disparage him in front of others, you are also disparaging yourself. Furthermore, once your husband learns about it, he will undoubtedly be disappointed, and gaining his respect will be impossible.
11. Be gentle with his belongings. If you want your husband to value your possessions, you must value his possessions as well. Take care not to ruin, break, misplace, or stain any of his belongings.
12. Allow him to have his own space in the house. Your husband, like you, requires his own personal space at home. As a result, give him permission to set up his workshop or office in the house. You will undoubtedly be grateful to him.
13. Delegate final decision-making authority to him. Husbands are supposed to be the heads of their households according to the Bible. That is to say, they should be the ones in charge. However, this does not imply that you are a lesser member of the family. On the contrary, you are actually equal, but with different roles one of which is to seal the family’s decisions.
14. Look after yourself. Never take yourself for granted, no matter how busy you are taking care of your family. Instead, treat yourself as if you were still a single person. Maintaining your beauty while being a busy mom and wife will help you maintain your husband’s respect. It’s because you can demonstrate to him how strong and capable you are.
15. Show consideration for his parents and siblings. If your husband sees how much you value his family, he will undoubtedly respect you. Your in-laws are important to your partner, even if they aren’t perfect. As a result, you should treat them well for that reason alone.
16. Pay attention to his advice. If you seek his advice whenever you have a problem, your husband will feel respected. Furthermore, if he discovers that his advice is beneficial to you, he will feel good about himself. As a result, he will want to repay the favor by paying attention to you the next time.
17. Before making any plans, consult with him. If you want your husband to think about you before making personal decisions, you should do the same. Before making any final decisions, tell him about your plans. He will be encouraged to participate in the same
18. Encourage him to be the spiritual leader of the family. As previously stated, your husband is supposed to be the family’s leader. Encourage him to lead you and the kids in prayers and Bible sharing to help him grow into his spiritual leadership role. Your husband will appreciate it if you show him that you care about him.