7 Things you’ll never learn in a dating relationship but only marriage will teach you.
Marriage is a great institution, whether you choose wrongly or truly, you have a lot to learn in marriage. I have heard of lot of people say that marriage is a great institution of learning, that marriage is the only school one enters without graduating. I quite agree with these submissions. Indeed, there are a lot marriage will teach you.
Below are just few things marriage will teach you. There are many more but these are the ones my brain can afford me with.
1. Marriage will teach you forgiveness. Your partner will offend you many times in marriage that in order for you both to come back to fellowship, there has to be forgiveness. You will learn how to forgive whether you like it or not. You just have to forgive. This is why marriage is not for the unforgiving.
2. Marriage will teach you patience. Marriage will also teach you how to be patient. On fact, you don’t have a choice if you want to last long in marriage. All the bag and baggages and weaknesses your partner is struggling with, marriage will teach you to be patient with them. If you’re the impatient type, your marriage will be afflicted with conflicts. May be it will collapse.
3. Marriage will teach you selflessness. Marriage will deal with your selfishness. It will teach you how to put the needs and wants of your partner before your own.
Occasionally if not often, you will have to sacrifice your comfort to please your partner. If you’re the selfish type, o last in marriage.
Marriage will deal with your me, myself and I mentality because you come to learn that you cannot have a peaceful home with that mindset, thus you will learn to be selfless.
4. Marriage will teach you kindness.
In 1 Peter 3:7, the Bible says, “Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.”
Marriage will teach you that you cannot speak to your wife anyhow, you cannot talk to your husband anyhow. Marriage teach you not to be harsh but to be kind in your words and actions.
If you are the type of woman or man that is harsh, of a necessity marriage will teach you to be kind because you cannot last in marriage that way.
5. Marriage will teach you teamwork and cooperation. Marriage is not a one man army, one man adventure or sole proprietorship. Marriage is partnership. It’s a joint venture.
In marriage you will learn that you cannot just make a major decision or take a major action without the consent of your partner.
Thus, marriage will teach you to teach you teamwork and how to cooperate with your partner to achieve a common goal.
6. Marriage will teach you tolerance. In marriage you will learn that it’s not everything you must react to or comment on, by experience you will learn it. Marriage will teach you to overlook sometimes.
If you are the type of person that cannot allow some things to slide, you’re a busybody, always putting mouth in every issues etc., marriage will teach you to be tolerant because you learn that it’s not everything you must comment on or react to.
7. And marriage will you how to know and note your weaknesses and communication is the key to all.
Marriage will teach you many things. Let me stop here. What other things do you think marriage will teach you? Share your thoughts with me in the comment below. I would love to hear from you.