8 Ways to treat your ex, treat them these 8 ways
1. Always be classy. You will never regret taking the high road and holding your tongue, so when in doubt, smile and be classy. If you want to retain even the slightest possibility of maintaining a positive relationship with your Ex, and potentially getting him back, then you should be nice in your interactions with him. Ideally, you should be positive and show him that you are happy and enjoying life. Don’t be fake, or insincerely happy, but project as much confidence as you can. If you can’t be confident or happy, at least just be nice. That means no snarky comments, no sour facial expressions, and no obvious or veiled jabs at him.
2. Do not try to make your ex-girlfriend jealous after she dumped you.
3. Let her see that you can actually live without her. Yes! That is exactly what I said – Let her see that you can live without her, BUT also let her know that you do not want to! This will show her that you are indeed independent and that you can actually be with someone else but that she is the one you are interested in. This works just as effectively as a woman going out with another man soon after a breakup to make him jealous.
4. Forgive your ex-girlfriend who dumped you. If she was the one who wronged you, then turn around and dumped you – forgive her.
5. Do not make promises you cannot keep. This also ranks in the category of one of the worst things you can do in a relationship and in trying to win an ex back. Women usually know when they are being played and know what can work and what will not. Unrealistic promises should be avoided.
6. Be nice to everyone. If you really want to know how to act around your ex who dumped you, be nice. But don’t just be nice to your ex. Be nice to everyone you know and don’t know.
Keep in mind that your ex will observe the way you communicate with people. He or she will study your facial expressions, body language, the tone of your voice, the way you carry yourself, and your choice of words.
Your ex may not do this intentionally, but if your ex is curious about you, he or she will want to know how you’re doing and what’s changed since the breakup.
Curiosity will compel your ex to learn more about you. So make sure to stay on your best behavior and treat your ex and others the way you want to be treated.
A great way to be nice to people is to compliment them, ask them for advice, and to encourage them to talk about themselves. This will let them know that you’re interested in them and that you value their opinion.
In return for your kindness, they will then open up to you and show or tell people that you’re a good listener and a reliable person.
7. Act like an old friend. If your ex wants to talk to you and you’re ready to talk to your ex, you should act like you haven’t seen your ex in years. Ask your ex how he or she has been and try to have a short conversation with your ex.
You can talk about anything you’d like with your ex, but whatever you do, don’t invite your ex out. If your ex is the dumper, let it be your ex’s idea to reconnect.
8. Establish an effective boundary with no contact. Barring extreme circumstances, you should always treat your ex-girlfriend with respect and dignity. No matter what happened during your relationship, you chose to date her for a reason.
While there are many ways you might show someone the respect and dignity they are due, the right way to show your ex-girlfriend respect is to give her space and time to heal without your influence.
This is true whether she dumped you, or you broke it off with her.
After you’ve handled any logistical issues, that means going into indefinite no-contact.
If you’re not actively in contact with her, you don’t have to worry about any awkwardness from wondering how to treat her. You go your own way, and she goes hers.
It’s that simple.
Don’t get it twisted though, no-contact is not about her. It’s about you.