How to apologize to your man when he’s angry / mad at you, number 10 my favorite.
Making mistakes is what makes us humans. But when you’ve hurt your partner, knowing the right way to apologize makes all the difference. True apologizes strengthen, not diminish your relationship.
Being sorry and asking for forgiveness is not a one time feat. Forgiveness is not only asked but also earned. This is why you should not just celebrate and stop when your partner tells you “I forgive you”. Make sure you continue keeping that forgiveness you’ve just received and persist in rebuilding the trust you have broken. Change for the better, be consistent, and do your best to never do the same mistake again.
1. Say you are sorry. If he is really mad and all your attempts at getting him to see why you aren’t wrong don’t work. You may just have to bite the bullet and say you are sorry to him. The words “I am sorry” go such a long way to mending a broken relationship. Not only will they bring a sense of relief, but they also allow him to move on and start to forgive you for whatever he thinks you have done.
2. Give them a hand-written letter. We all know that apologizing personally is pretty hard to do especially if it harms our precious ego. But if you really can’t face your partner because of your guilt, you can write a letter to show them how sorry you are. Make a simple hand-written letter and express what you can’t personally tell him/her. Love letters might sound a bit old school but it never disappoints.
3. Identify what made your boyfriend angry. As soon as you become aware that your boyfriend is mad at you, you need to figure out what you said or did that caused him to get upset. You may already know, but if you do not, take time to reflect on your recent actions around and words to him. What did you say or do that might have upset him?. If you cannot determine what made him angry with you, you will have to ask him. You cannot sincerely apologise for something that you did not know was wrong or upsetting.
4. Surprise them with their favorite food. Everybody loves food and it is sometimes hard to resist especially if it’s your favorite. Surprise your lover with his/her fave food and try to talk things out about your arguments. In this way, you will not only make his / her stomach happy but you will also fix your relationship.
5. Avoid giving reasons for why you did the action that upset your boyfriend. Often, these simply come across as excuses for your behavior. If you feel the need to give a reason for your actions, it is best to stick to reasons that put the blame on you. For example, “I said those mean things about you because I felt pressured to fit in with that crowd.” Avoid saying statements like, “Well, I know I shouldn’t have said those things, but you brought it on yourself.”
6. Be extra kind to them. Being kind to your partner may be a usual thing for you to do but showing extra kindness will do the trick to put things back to normal. Do things for him/her that you don’t usually do, like fixing or changing something they broke or setting up their favorite movie so you could watch it together (even if it means watching something you don’t like). They will certainly notice the kind gestures and would be pleased to know that you’re really trying to resolve both your misunderstandings.
7. Explain how you will make it up to him. When you hurt a friend’s feelings or somehow upset him, sometimes he loses trust in you. One way to rebuild that trust is to show him that you value the relationship and want to repair it.
8. Take them somewhere fun. Take your partner out on a date to somewhere he/she will enjoy. You could take them to an amusement park, a beach, or somewhere he / she loves to be, to show them that you’re really sorry. Take this time to make another good memory and enjoy the moment together. That will be the best way to make up for the damage done.
9. Tell him how much you appreciate him. When a couple gets into a fight, both parties often feel undervalued even just temporarily. So if things got out of hand, and you were to blame, make sure you tell him how important he is to you after stating you’re sorry. Just make sure you mean it.
10. This one’s my personal favorite, and it works, it simply works every time. Whenever you find yourself arguing with your boyfriend and you want it to stop but you don’t know how to accomplish it, just stop talking, hug him, and say that you’re sorry.
He might resist the first two seconds, but the longer you hug him, the more he will realize that he should join you on the bright side of the road.
He will realize that there’s no point in prolonging the fight, and he will apologize for that as well. You can also try it after the fight or some other inconvenient situation.
11. If you’re not living together and you’re having problems reaching him through the phone, consider showing up at his place and staying in front of his door if needed if he doesn’t open it up immediately.
I’m sure he will see and hear how genuinely sorry you are for everything what happened, and he will not be able to refuse letting you in.
12. Express willingness to do whatever it takes. Tell your partner what have you learned from the incident and list the things that you will do or change to avoid repeating the same mistake again. It’s important, however, to really believe in this and to make it realistic. False promises will only damage your relationship even more.