How to find True Love, 14 Ways to find your true love
1. Find out what you really want in a partner. Creating a list of the traits that you want your true love to possess will help you assess what kind of partner would suit you. Just bear in mind that there is a big chance you cannot find them all in one person because no one is perfect, right?
The good thing about setting standards is it helps you gather the lessons you have learned from dealing with past partners. You recall the traits that do not complement well with yours, which eventually led to broken relationships. If you have never been in a relationship yet, use your experiences in dealing with family and friends of the opposite sex for this.
2. Be with the right company. Being at the right place and with the right kind of people will help you meet the right person for you. For this reason, be wise in choosing your circle of friends. Their environment determines the kind of person that surrounds them.
For instance, if you do not like the party-animal kind of partner, then avoid hanging out a lot with party-animal friends. Friends of the same feather flock together, remember?
3. Start praying for the right person.
Personally, I believe God is the greatest writer of love stories. If we allow Him to guide us in our love life, we can avoid falling for the wrong person. For this reason, I believe that praying for wisdom in this area can help a great deal.
4. Happy people attract people. Maybe the biggest issue in not being able to find love is that you’re not feeling good about yourself. Like yourself and like your life really work on that, You have to be the person that you’d want to meet.
5. Don’t seek romance, seek partnership.
Romance is for dates, and it’s fun to have on occasion in your marriage, but it’s partnership that will get you through the rough times.
6. Do not focus on physical appearance. Pure love is unconditional. That means you do not base it on how good-looking a person is. Do not look for a handsome or beautiful face—it is just a bonus. Instead, look for a person with whom you can be comfortable and secure sharing life. Personality, character, and values should be your primary concern.
7. Look for a person whose set of priorities is the same as yours.
Aside from personality, priorities can also affect a relationship. If the couple does not share the same perception about what goes first, it could create a big problem. For instance, a husband may put family as first on his priority list, but if the wife is more of a career person, they could have difficulty understanding each other.
8. Find someone who respects you.
It is not enough that a person makes you smile and feel loved. Look for a person who knows how to respect individuals regardless of their age, status, or relationship with him/her. Why is this important? A person who is sensitive to the rights and feelings of others is more likely to be selfless. That means s/he would be careful not to do anything that could hurt you. You are secure with this person.
9. True love is effortless. True love feels easy. It flows and everything comes naturally. Where there is love, there is no need for control, no need for fixing the other person, no need for criticism, judgment, jealousy, blame, or any other toxic behavior. Love is love and that’s all there is to it.
10. Be a giver, not a taker . Some believe that if you give without expecting anything back, you’ll receive ten-fold in return. It’s better to give than to receive. Givers attract people. Treat other people the way you wish them to treat you. It’s a precept of all major religions and it works. It’s all about sharing the love. By both sharing and giving you will attract your one-and-only true love.
11. Just put yourself out there . Like any other good thing in life, you’ll need to put some effort into your search. You have to meet people who could be potential partners prior to discovering the love of your life. Be proactive in meeting people. Your chances of finding the perfect person for you will increase dramatically.
12. Be real . Before you can find real love, you first have to emphasize the real you. Before someone can love you despite your imperfect moments, you have to be able to do that for someone else. Put it all out there: the things that make you happy, the things you want, and let them know who you really are inside. Authenticity attracts people.
13. Be open . Open up to people around you. If someone sitting next to you attempts to engage you in conversation, respond. Even if you already know the person is probably not likely to be your soulmate, practice being open anyway. Developing a genuine openness will aid you more easily having open conversations that could very well lead to a lasting relationship.
14. Find the right person. Determine what kind of person you think will truly complement your life. Get to know your potential partner for a minimum of between one and two years to determine if it’s really love. It is essential that you focus on finding a potential mate whose positive qualities and strengths negate any negative qualities they might have. Be certain your values are the same.