How to ignore someone who’s hurting you and treating you badly.
Don’t reply to their messages. Don’t pick up their calls. Ignore any social medias requests. Never give respond to tagged pictures on social medias. Reduce eye contact. Look tired when talking to them. Pretend that you don’t hear them calling your name. Display unfriendly body language such as crossing your arms. Don’t help them out much. Let other people do it. Walk the other way when they’re walking towards you.
1. When they start to give you extra attention, just ignore it. Be casual, act like it’s a normal thing. The only reason why they’re giving you attention is that they’re hoping you’ll do the same. You may appear cold but that’s okay. They’ll be turned off by your attitude and start to leave you alone. Not a lot of people can handle pursuing someone who has a cold heart.
2. Keep building distance between the two of you. Distance is the only thing that will make them give up on you. Chasing after someone who is not showing any interests will also make them lose interest eventually.
3. When someone will hurt you, you will ignore him or her by controlling your emotional reaction. If someone hurt you without any reason or intentionally, he or she may be satisfied by enjoying your emotional reaction whether it is furious or sad. It is the best way to ignore him or her by not showing your emotional reaction. You should control your emotional effect by taking a deep breath. You should try to keep your expressions on your face in neutral condition as much as possible.
4. Delay reply as long as you can, Whether through e-mail, text, DMs, make it a goal to always delay your replies—unless it’s for work. Be calm, and realize that replying late is not offensive. This “cold shoulder” should send them a message that you don’t want to be close to them. What’s so great about this is that it’s effective, yet they can’t confront you about it.
5. Find out their routine and stay away from it. Take time to notice the routine of the person that stresses the hell out of you and just stay away from it. If that person happens to be your neighbor, pay attention to his or her schedule so that you won’t be in the same place at the same time.
6. Response as if you know him or her. Sometimes, when someone hurts you, you can respond in a manner which will explain that you know the person’s character as he or she always tries to hurt anyone to fulfill his or her wish. You also respond as if you naturally expect hurtful behavior from him or her. The reason is that you know him or her very well. You can confront him or her in a gentle manner to ignore him or her when someone hurts you.
7. If someone is ignoring you, the best thing you can do actually is to let it go and focus on yourself. Choose to think of yourself instead of that person, and this will be reflected in your behavior which the person in question will notice this change and the goal will be accomplished. You will send the right message. This is also a great advice if you want to know how to ignore someone who hurt you because the best way to recover is to focus on yourself.
8. Don’t try to prove anything. One of the easiest ways to ignore someone who is hurting you is to stop trying to prove anything. You don’t have to do that because you will only be revealing that the person’s behavior is actually hurtful to you. Just continue to behave as always.
9. Don’t think about them. Instead of obsessing about someone who ignores you, stop thinking about that person altogether. Simply act as if they have never been a part of your life, no matter how hard it is. Remember that they started ignoring you first so you must respond in the same way.
10. Cut them off on social media. Apart from blocking their phone number, if you wish to go further, cut them off on social media. Nowadays everyone can check if others have seen their posts or not so what better way to ignore them then by never seeing their story on Instagram, Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp? Etc
11. Just when the person thinks that you have written him/her off your diary or nothing can be renewed between the two of you, spare him/her a candid moment of togetherness. In moments like these, act normally and do something unusual that you haven’t done for a while, maybe calling him/her by name, or making an eye-to-eye contact or even passing off a generous smile. Whatever it is, leave it to being short and sweet or else the effect of it won’t stay long. These little thrills would make the person realise and make him/her come back to you for more. Also, this way, you’ll have an upper hand and not the other way round.