How to know a gentleman who will treat you well and love you
1. He spends time with you because he wants to, not because he feels obligated to. You don’t need to beg him to hang out, to see you, to spend time with you. In fact, he often finds himself having to hold back from seeing you too often, from coming off as overly eager.
He feels an urge to spend just about every waking moment with you, but he knows better. He gives you the space you need and takes the space he needs, but never fails to be there for you.
2. When he makes plans, you’re a part of them. As far as he’s concerned, you are the plan. The life the two of you will create together is all the planning he needs. Everything else you’ll deal with when the time comes, together.
3. The only time he makes you cry is from happiness. There should be nothing in the world that breaks his heart like watching you cry, really cry. He hates the thought of you feeling hurt and even goes as far as to share in your pain. It’s not that he’s trying to, although given the chance, he’d change places in an instance; it’s just that he can’t help it. He hurts when you hurt. It’s out of his control.
4. Does he treats others with respect. When you go out to dinner, is he nice to the waiter? Does his body language show he thinks he’s better than other people? People can never fully hide their true colors. Until he has earned your trust, DO NOT let your guard down! The majority of people you will ever meet will let you down, so weed through them as quickly as possible to get the keepers.
Find a man that treats everyone with kindness no matter who they are. It’s only a matter of time before the newness wears off and he starts to treat you that way too.
5. A Gentleman is a protector, and he does not hesitate to come to the defense of the defenseless. Where he sees he is needed, he will jump in without hesitation. His heart is that of a warrior.
6. A true gentleman will put effort into your relationship. Boys are generally apathetic and just look for one thing from a woman. A man, will do what it takes to make you happy, both inside and outside of the bedroom. Your happiness, is his reward.
A true gentleman will make you want to be the best version of yourself, without changing who you really are.
7. A true gentleman is cool, calm, and collected. It should be understood that part of what comes with the territory of having a girlfriend, is dealing with her getting hit on. If you’re at the bar together, or if she’s out with her friends, it goes without saying that your girlfriend will get hit on every once in awhile.
Instead of letting his primate instincts prevail and beating his chest like an angry gorilla to scare off competition, a confident man will calmly make his position known, and understand that you’re still going home with him at the end of the night.
8. A true gentleman will trust you. As long as you haven’t betrayed his trust, a man will NOT be paranoid, or snoop around invading your privacy to make sure you’re not doing anything bad. He will have confidence in your relationship. A boy will project his own insecurities onto you, and like termites in a house, will eat away at the foundation of what you’ve built.
9. A true gentleman will have more interests than just you. I don’t mean this in a negative way. You should, of course, be a priority in his life but he needs to have a life as well. Interests, friends, hobbies, aspirations. If a man works his entire life around you, it’s another red flag relationships should be a great part of your life, but not encompass your whole life.
10. A real man stands up for the relationship. Sometimes friends, family and even total strangers ask inappropriate questions or make inappropriate remarks about your relationship, such as saying you are not a “good couple.” In such cases, a real man stands up for himself and defends the legitimacy and integrity of his relationship. Even when he is among his peers, he speaks up and stands his ground in defense of his relationship. This proves he can express himself in the presence others, protect his woman and act like a grown man.
11. A real man takes responsibility for his actions and decisions. He does not shift blame (especially to his partner) or try to defend his mistakes. He simply acknowledges when he has made a mistake, apologizes for it, learns from it and works to make it right. Saying, “I am sorry,” is not a big deal to him. He knows it doesn’t make him any less of a man to say it. In fact, saying he’s sorry makes him more of a man because it demonstrates he has the confidence, courage and integrity to admit his faults and seek to correct them.
12. Person of Integrity. A gentleman does the right thing even when no one is watching. He is a man of his word, and is not swayed by peer pressure or popular opinion. The man he is at work is the same person you will encounter in the community and at his home.
13. He makes you feel like a woman. You may be his best friend. You may be his partner, his confidante, his advisor, his better half, but first and foremost, you are a woman his woman. And he wants you to feel like a woman. He treats you with respect. He makes you feel s❤e❤x❤y. He makes you feel loved.