How to know you’re in love with someone
When you’re falling in love, everything else in your life might feel weirdly wonderful. Falling in love is one of the strangest and most wonderful things a human being can experience.
1. You are never afraid to express your feelings in public. I have this semi-bad habit of telling the world how in love I am with my girlfriend.
When you’re truly in love, you want everyone to know. You are not bashful about your feelings by any means. When you like someone, there is a lot of holding back on how you feel.
2. You become a better person. No one is perfect; we all have room for improvement. But, being in love will force you to work on these things.
You want to become the best version of yourself for the person you’re in love with. I am a better person now than I was before I met my girlfriend.
3. You’re happy and just a little bit nervous. When you’re in love, you’re genuinely a happier person. It’s like you’re on a natural high. The thought of spending time with your partner really excites you and just looking at the dozens of selfies you took together is enough to put a cheesy smile on your face. But being in love also makes you a tiny bit nervous. You’re anxious for what the future holds. Because you know that you want your relationship to last.
4. Your relationship feels easy. Being with your partner isn’t hard work. You don’t have to struggle to find time to spend with them because you really want to. Even the arguments don’t feel as intense as they did in other relationships. While all couples argue and bicker, when you’re both in love, your priority is your relationship, not your pride. You’re not worried about being the first person to give in or lose the argument because you can’t imagine your life without this person. Even one day apart really feels like forever.
5. You’ll happily jump through hoops without even thinking about it to spend time with him. If it means being able to spend more time with him, you’ll sacrifice a lot.
You’ll drive an hour out of your way just to see him. Or you’ll change around your entire schedule just so you can find time to spend with him.
6. You can’t explain why you’re always happy. All of a sudden you feel giddy and lighthearted for no apparent reason at all. Things that might have annoyed you or brought your mood down before don’t seem to bother you at all now.
It’s like you’re a different person. It’s as if there’s a ray of sunshine splashing across your face. And the best part is the smile on your face comes from a place within. It’s a specific kind of happiness you’ve never experienced before. And it’s beautiful. You can’t even help it.
7. And you’re dying to know if they’re thinking about you, too. If you find yourself considering whether this person feels similarly and you look for for signs that they’re missing you, too, that’s a sign.
8. You genuinely want them to be happy. Fake love or infatuation is about the other person making you happy, while real love is wanting the other person to be happy and doing what’s best for them, even if it comes at a cost to you. If you knew someone you loved would be better off without you, you wouldn’t remain in his life no matter how much you wanted to.
You feel compassionate love for him, which is the healthiest and most selfless kind of love
9. You realize why it didn’t work out with anyone else. When you fall in love, you’ll look back and laugh at the fact that you ever thought you loved your ex. You’ll realize that compared to what you have now, everything that came before was nothing.
You’ll also be able to see with crystal clarity why nothing else worked out. Since being in love makes things click into place, it will really highlight for you how things clashed before, and it will all become clear. You won’t feel bitterness or regret for those lost relationships, and no residual anger for those guys in the past. You’ll just be so happy all those relationships ended, leading you to where you are now.
10. 5 hours feels like 5 minutes. You love spending time with him more than doing anything else, and so there’s never enough time. Even if you spent the entire day together, you’ll be sad to see it end … you always want more more more.
If you’re not in love, maybe you’ll be tired at the end of the day and feel like you need a lot of space from him. This may be because being with him saps your energy. When you’re in love, being with him will give you energy, and even if you’re not doing something together after a full day out having fun, you’ll love having him doing his own thing in the same room or nearby
11. Everything makes you think of him
When you’re in love with someone, he’s become an integral part of your life, and just about everything will make you think of him. This isn’t just because we like to think about the things and the people we love—that’s obvious … it’s because he’s become so central in your life that you take him into consideration when it comes to just about everything.
You’ll not only think of him because you’re looking forward to seeing him after work, you’ll think about what’s going on with him … what special thing you can do for his birthday … what he’ll think about a problem you’re having that you don’t quite know how to handle.
12. You get mad at her, but can’t seem to stay mad at her. Forgiveness comes naturally when you’re in love with someone, and even when she screws up royally, you’re willing to talk it out and make things work. When the love is real, you can’t just walk away over silly little things.
13. You naturally assume you’re going to grow old together. Even though, statistically, it might not happen, you don’t care. Your relationship makes you feel like you can beat all the odds. You can’t even think about what would happen if things go bad, because it just doesn’t make sense to think like that.
14. They become your priority, you value and appreciate them naturally.